Found the Deployment Guide for Communicator Mac 2011 today and here are the items that caught my eye in the deployment guide.
- Calendar based presence
- Presence in other Office for Mac applications
- Outlook Out of office messages in Mac Communicator
- Invite multiple people to conference
- Join conf: meetings from an outlook Invite
- Enterprise Voice supported
- OCS 2007 R2 support (OCS 2007 RTM is not)
- Access Level for Contacts
- Call forwarding
- Receiving calls on mobile devices
- Voicemail access from Mac Communicator
- Scheduling of conferences in Outlook
- Desktop sharing
- No mention of Live Meeting
I am extremely pleased with the progress the Mac Communicator team has made. I expect the user experience with Lync to fill in some of the holes above with the Reach client. Finally, the Mac user can join the rest of the Unified Communications fun!
Here is the link to the Mac Communicator Deployment Guide. Enjoy!