Unfortunately, I have found that the Automatic Root Certificate Update solution creates some problems when there are customized properties on Trusted Root Certificates.
So... I don't have any really great answers for making this a non-issue at this point. If you do, please send me an email or send me a message on twitter.
Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type gpedit.msc and then click OK.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- Double-click Administrative Templates, double-click System, double-click Internet Communication Management and then click Internet Communication settings.
- Double-click Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update, click Enabled and then click OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor.